Our offices are working hard to make numerous changes to protect our patients during this difficult time. Your safety is our top priority and we are doing everything we can to ensure that you have the best possible experience at our office. In order to protect all of our patients, we are enforcing heightened standards on social distancing and anti-viral sanitization. The health of all staff members is monitored routinely and each member must submit to enhanced training before returning to our offices. We are deeply committed to the protection of all our patients and staff and will continue to do everything in our ability to keep our offices healthy and safe.
Please read the following information carefully for instructions on how to schedule your next appointment with ChildSmiles•FamilySmiles and policies to expect upon arrival.
What to expect at your next appointment:
Extra steps we’re taking to keep you safe when visiting our office:
- Touchless forms are in use at our offices to minimize contact and help prevent the potential transmission of viral infections.
- Our staff is equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) and trained with techniques to keep the office hygienic and safe. We have heightened our PPE regimen above and beyond normal safety standards to minimize the potential transmission of illness between patients and dental staff.
- The office follows all of the most current recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our staff is kept up to date regularly with all new and developing safety guidelines.
- Specialized extraoral suction machines will be used to reduce aerosols during certain procedures.
- Extra glass divider guards are being installed for your enhanced protection.
- We have installed an advanced air purification system in our HVAC system that breaks down pollutants and gases via bipolar ionization without producing harmful byproducts.
- Iwave machines ionize the air and remove the hydrogen molecules and energy sources of pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and mold.
- Our offices are disinfected daily with a fog of electrolyzed water (hypochlorous acid) system that is approximately 100x as effective as chlorine bleach. This solution is non-toxic, non-irritant and environmentally safe. Electrolyzed water is a product of the electrochemical reaction between water, salt, and electricity and can kill pathogens in less than 30 seconds of contact. It has even been proven as an effective solution against bacterial spores and viruses that are resistant to other disinfectants.