Braces are wire based orthodontics used to correct misaligned teeth and/or bite related issues. They’re particularly effective at tackling difficult cases and are recommended for patients struggling with severe crowding, crossbites, and pronounced overbites. The majority of individuals who get braces are adolescents, though the treatment has grown increasingly popular among adults who are seeking to correct unresolved orthodontic issues from their childhood. Even with regular oversight from your orthodontist, it’s important to maintain your braces at home to ensure they remain in working order. Be sure to brush and floss after every meal, avoid problematic foods like taffy and gummy bears and wear a mouthguard while participating in contact sports.
Schedule Your Orthodontic Appointment Online Now
Get Your Braces Consultation
Orthodontics can be expensive, but consultations shouldn’t be. Schedule a braces consultation to evaluate your or your child’s condition. Contact ChildSmiles•FamilySmiles in Newark at Somme St. or Orange St. and Elizabeth for details.
Orthodontic services include:
- Invisible (clear) braces
- Traditional metal braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
Welcome to ChildSmiles•FamilySmiles
- Most insurance plans and Medicaid accepted
- We speak English, Spanish and Portuguese
- We believe our patients should have fun at the dentist!
- Pediatric Dentistry and General Dentistry
- Dental Specialists and Orthodontists
- Our staff is specially trained to help children and adults feel comfortable in a friendly environment.
- Complimentary benefit check